COVID-19 Updates:
COVID Resources for RSOs

Student Organizations: Resources and Tools

Resources for Students

Program Checklist

This form is meant to suppliment your event planing experience.

Checklist for First Time NvolveU Users

This form is to help you get the most out of your user experience.

Event Budget Tool

This worksheet helps student organizations plan for some of the financial obligations which accompany large events. Events may have additional costs which are not covered by this tool, but this worksheet is a good starting point for organizations that are planning large activities.

Annual Budget Tool

This worksheet helps student organizations prepare annual budgets. Organizations may encounter additional expenses and income which are not included in this tool. This worksheet, however, does give students the opportunity to consider some of the factors which affect the finances of their respective organizations.

RSO Email Account

This worksheet helps student organizations create an email address. Follow these step by step instructions and you're on your way!

RSO Project Submission Form

Student Affairs Marketing and Communications can help your RSO develop marketing materials. Whether you’re promoting your next event or building awareness to grow membership in your organization, the experienced design and marketing staff can help. Design set-up fee is $20.00 plus tax (this includes ANY services as long as it is the same design). SAMC is not responsible for printing the project, your RSO can use any printing services they choose. If you have any questions, please contact Mike Jackson at (402) 472-8155. Click here to fill out the submission form.

RSO Newsletter Submissions

RSO Newsletter is the new bi-monthly e-newsletter for all UNL students, replacing the older email version. RSOs, departments, Greek chapters, and clubs can give a "shout out" about events and activities or kudos for award/scholarship winners.

To submit a news item that's appropriate for delivery to the student audience:
1) use the link to log in to the UNL announcement newsroom at (When logging in, use your blackboard username and password), 
2) follow the instructions to enter in the news item’s information,
3) choose RSO Newsletter in the drop down box “Please consider for...” and
4) click the submit button. 

You can also add your story to additional newsletters like Next@Nebraska by clicking the “Add another newsroom for submission” sign. The RSO Newsletter will be sent out on the 1st and 15th of each month. Please submit your news item at least 2-3 days beforehand. 

If you would like to view past/archived newsletters, please click "here"

Poster Route

We’re doing the hard work for you by distributing posters for your events. To use this service student organizations will need to bring their posters to the Student Involvement Office, 200 Nebraska Union by Friday in order to be distributed the following week. Poster Route Information

Student Absence Form

Occasionally a Recognized Student Organization (RSO) will have activities that conflict with academic class requirements. When this occurs, students may wish to have an excused absence from his or her faculty or staff member. Students should notify their faculty or staff member as soon as possible prior to their absence. Please note that faculty or staff members may or may not grant the excused request, as it is at the personal discretion of each faculty or staff member.

This form is strictly optional, however highly recommended for student organization members and their advisors. It is provided only as a means of assisting faculty and students in keeping records of agreements made if a student needs to miss scheduled classes. This form must be accompanied by a letter from the student organizations primary advisor who is a UNL faculty or staff member.

RSO Fund Request

When your Recognized Student Organization (RSO) plans an event or wants to attend a conference, but needs additional funding, there are on campus funding sources available. Various departments or groups on campus set aside money to support RSO activities. These monies are a part of the following funds:

  • Council of Student Affairs Directors (CSAD) Diversity Conference Attendance Fund
  • Council of Student Affairs Directors (CSAD) Diversity Program Fund
  • Pepsi Diversity Program Fund
  • Pepsi Student Events Fund
  • University Program Council (UPC) Fund Allocation Committee

In addition, individual colleges and academic departments may have funds available for RSOs.

If you need help at any time, please stop by Student Involvement on City Campus (200 Nebraska Union) . There may be additional forms that you will need to secure for liability insurance, travel insurance, contracts, co-sponsorships, etc. depending on your event. The staff will inform you if and when you will need these documents.

The application process, guidelines, deadlines and requirements may be slightly different for each fund. The forms, guidelines and deadlines can all be found online. In order to find out which fund best suits your RSO’s needs, read more about each of them at the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs website and the University Program Council website. Additionally, you may want to learn more about requesting funds from colleges and academic departments.

Contact Us

Consultation Desk
(402) 472-6797
200 Nebraska Union