Fund Allocation Committee (FAC)
FAC is no longer accepting applications for Spring 2019 Recognized Student Organization (RSO) funding. If you are a RSO at UNL that is seeking funding for an event, we encourage you to apply for FAC funding in Fall 2019.
- Is your event open to all UNL Students?
- Is your event more than 30 days away?
- Do you need up to $1,500 to fund your event?
If these questions apply to your RSO’s event, then FAC funding could be a great opportunity for your RSO. Up to $1,500 can be allocated to your RSO by following the application steps below. Funding will be anonymous and RSOs can receive funding once every two years.
How to Apply:
- Fill out the two forms listed below. After they are filled out completely and accurately, they must be emailed by your RSO Advisor to the FAC Advisor, Karen Wills <email@example.com> and UPCInternalVP@unl.edu with your RSO name in the Subject line.
- RSO Funding Application
- Event Budget Form
- Once the forms are received, the Fund Allocation Committee will ask a representative of your RSO to be present at an FAC meeting to discuss your RSO event and the funds being requested. Meetings typically take place on Tuesday evenings.
- After speaking with your representative, the members of FAC will discuss and vote on funding for your event. The Director of Student Involvement must also approve FAC’s suggested allocation. You will be notified on the status of your application shortly after.
- Following final approvals, a transfer of funds will be made to the RSO SOFS Account only after FAC has received copies of all bills, invoices, contracts, and/or receipts pertaining to the allocated budget. This documentation must be submitted to the SOFS office in Room 200 in the Nebraska Union within 30 days following the event. If this is not done within this time frame, the funds will be made available for reallocation.
- In order to be eligible for future funding from FAC, RSOs must complete the Post-event Evaluation Form and submit it within 30 days following the RSO event.
An RSO must be in compliance with ASUN Student Government, Student Involvement, and Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) and must do all their banking through the SOFS office to be considered for FAC funding.
While requests can be submitted at any point in the year, they must be turned in at least a minimum of 30 days prior to the event date under consideration.
Any funds granted to an RSO by FAC shall not be used to finance political campaigns or speakers of a political and ideological nature. The funds shall not be expended for wages, office supplies, student travel, or student lodging.
UPC Internal Vice President
Fund Allocation Committee Chair