Find your connections here Campus Community Connection (Triple C)
A voluntary 12 month program designed to introduce new employees to resources on CAMPUS as well as COMMUNITY activities in Lincoln and Omaha. Trying to meet new colleagues outside of your department can be a challenge, so each session will include an opportunity to get to know other new employees at the University to facilitate the CONNECTION aspect of the program. This is developed for newer employees to the University, but anyone is welcome. People can choose which sessions they want to attend. There is no expectation that individuals attend all 12.
Monthly gatherings in which the time of the sessions and locations will rotate in an effort to benefit various schedules.
- Early mornings (7:30-9am)
- Lunch events (12-1:30pm)
- Late afternoons (3:30-5pm)
A few navigational aids that could be helpful to people new to UNL:
- Faculty/Staff parking permits for City Campus can apparently be used in East Campus A lots: (https://parking.unl.edu/faculty-parking-options)
- There is a bus route between City and East campuses (https://parking.unl.edu/city-east-campus-routes)
- The map on the UNL website has a toggle for City, East, and Innovation campuses (https://maps.unl.edu/)
- The Nebraska app has an interactive map, among other useful things. It’s free in the App Store.
May 2019 - Family Fun
Tuesday, May 21 at 3-4:30pm in Colonial B in the Nebraska Union
With summer approaching, people begin to think about more time to spend with family and friends since school is out and the weather is warmer. Whether you have children or not, have friends or family with children, or you are a child at heart, the Lincoln and Omaha communities have a lot to offer when it comes to activities for adults and kids of all ages. Join us at our May session to learn about local happenings that are family friendly as well as from some of our colleagues that have children of various ages.
To Register for the May Meeting (Click Here)
- May 2019 - Family Fun
- June 2019 - Nebraska Innovation Campus
- July 2019 - Athletics
- August 2019 - Food
- September 2019 - Community Engagement
- October 2019 - All Things East Campus
- November 2019 - Finances
- December 2019 - Museums
- January 2020 - Performing Arts
- February 2020 - Recreation
Learn about all things Campus Recreation, Lincoln’s bike share program Bike LNK, and Breslow Ice Center. In addition, we will learn about all things running and get a tour of the Outdoor Adventure Center on campus.
- March 2020 - Spirituality
Join Pastor Adam White from the Lutheran Student Center to learn about ACREW (https://www.unl.edu/acrew/) and their services for students and employees. In addition, we will highlight potential ways to find a spiritual community if that is something you are searching for.
- April 2020 - Love the Outdoors
As the weather begins to warm up, come join us as we hear from Jamie Kelley from the programming and education department of Nebraska Game & Parks. We will provide a list of various activities in and around Lincoln and Omaha that celebrate the outdoors in the coming months. Weather permitting, we will also have a guided tour the Arboretum on East Campus by Eileen Bergt, Assistant Director of Landscape Services. We will end our time together socializing at the UNL Dairy Store where you can purchase your favorite flavor of ice cream.
Check out an article in the Daily Nebraskan about Adam click here
If you would like to join a mailing list for future events, SIGN UP HERE!
If you have any questions about Triple C, please contact Veronica Riepe at 402-472-8154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.