NvolveU Student Organization Website
Student Organizations are a vital part of the out-of-class experience at UNL. Student Involvement supports the work of over 500 student organizations that cover a wide range of topics.
NvolveU is a web-based Student Organization database and tool. Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) can advertise events, communicate with members through roster management, complete direct reservations and much more.
To log into NvolveU click here. Students, log in using your MyRed username and password. Faculty and Staff, log in using your NU ID number and Firefly password. If you are interested in simply viewing the available UNL student organizations, select the Student Groups Tab in the upper left corner on the NvolveU site.
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is expanding and so is Student Involvement! Our Information Strategies Design Lab is now open to all RSO’s. Information Strategies has an experienced design and marketing staff to help your RSO get recognized campus wide. Information Strategies staff can help with all your marketing and publicity/design needs. Design set-up fee is $20.00 plus tax (this includes ANY services as long as it is the same design). Information Strategies is not responsible for printing the project, RSO’s can use any printing services they want. If you have any questions please contact Mike Jackson at (402) 472-8155. Click here to fill out the submission form.
Student Involvement is currently
featuring an RSO each week throughout our social media channels to
let UNL students know what's out there as well as help you promote
your organizations. We are looking for is a student's perspective on being
involved and what particular organizations they are involved in
mean to them. Our hope is to feature at least one RSO each week so if
you are interested in your organization being featured, please
simply fill out the form below:
If you have any questions, contact Mike Jackson by email at email@example.com
RSO Annual Orientation
To be in TOTAL COMPLIANCE ALL RSOs MUST do the following:
- Complete the Annual Review Form
- The President, Treasurer and Primary Programmer MUST attend an Annual Orientation Session
- Must send Account Balance Confirmation to SOFS (Reply to a SOFS email about your RSO’s finances)
- Complete a Federal Tax Identification Number (FTIN) (RSOs with annual receipts over $5,000 must obtain a FTIN)
Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) are required to attend an Annual Orientation Training. RSOs will participate in 1 of 3 Registration Periods:
- Fall (mid-August to mid-September)
- Winter (December-January), or
- Spring (April-mid-May)
During a registration period, each RSO will send the newly elected President, Treasurer, and Primary Programmer to an Annual Orientation Training. These sessions will be offered a number of times within the Registration Period in order to meet the diverse needs of your student leaders. Note, you do not have to attend an Annual Orientation with the other required leaders in your RSO. You may choose the date/time that works best for you. All three members MUST attend one of the sessions for your RSO to maintain Total Compliance status.
The Annual Orientation Training will cover:
- SOFS Training
- Student Involvement Services
- Event Planning Guidelines and Policies (which includes but is not limited to securing trip insurance, registering events, contracts with vendors, reserving space on campus, etc.)
- NvolveU Training
- Opportunity to collaborate with and meet other RSO leaders
- Your RSO will still complete an Annual Review Form with the signatures of your President, Treasurer, and Advisor.
- Once you’ve completed steps 1-4 your RSO is in compliance for 1 year until your next Annual Registration Period.
- Thursday, April 2 @ 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Green Room, 200 Nebraska Union (Nebraska Union)
- Thursday, April 2 @ 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in 228 Centennial Room (Nebraska Union)
- Monday, April 6 @ 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Sunflower Room (Nebraska East Union)
- Tuesday, April 7 @ 3:00 p.m. to 4:30PM in Goldenrod Room (Nebraska East Union)
- Sunday, April 12 @ 4:00 p.m. to 5:50 p.m. in Sunflower Room (Nebraska East Union)
- Sunday, April 12 @ 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Sunflower Room (Nebraska East Union)
- Monday, April 13 @ 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Green Room, 200 Nebraska Union (Nebraska Union)
- Tuesday, April 14 @ 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Columbine Room (Nebraska East Union)
- Thursday, April 16 @ 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Goldenrod Room (Nebraska East Union)
- Sunday, April 19 @ 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, Ubuntu Room 202
- Wednesday, April 22 @ 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Colonial B (Nebraska Union)
- Wednesday, April 22 @ 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Colonial B (Nebraska Union)
- Thursday, April 23 @ 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Cottonwood Room (Nebraska East Union)
Poster Route--Available March 2014
We’re doing the hard work for you by distributing posters for
your events. To use this service student organizations will need to
bring their posters to the Student Involvement Office, 200 Student
Union by Friday in order to be distributed the following week. Now
only 28 posters will be needed for the posters to be hung in
all academic colleges and department buildings.
Poster approval is dependent upon the following criteria:
1) Event Title
2) Event Time/Date
3) Event Location
4) Sponsor(s) Logo
5) Contact information (email, FB, etc.)
The Student Involvement Office will no longer be in charge of
the Residence Life Poster Boards. The posters will be hung and
rotated on a weekly basis at all participating academic colleges
and department buildings, NOT in the Residence Halls. If you
would like for posters to be hung in the Residence Halls you can
visit the Residence Life Department office at: 1115 N.
16th Street or contact them at 402-472-3885.
If you have any questions please contact Brock Rezny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 472-8157.
Student Involvement is proud to offer a Consultation Desk for its RSOs. Students planning events, needing to complete an annual review form, or looking to do direct resevations will start all of these processes at the desk. The desk is staffed Monday through Friday by student staff members who can help you navigate any request you might have. At the desk, we also offer our Brief Orientations for newly elected RSO Officers or Executive Boards. Brief Orientations offer insight into important policies and resources effecting RSOs. And don't forget about our Creation Station; a resource room filled with button makers, craft paper, industrial size markers and even a helium tank. We'll charge your Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) account for any supplies used so you don't need to worry about coming with cash. Contact Information
Desk Contact Information
200 Nebraska Union
Desk Hours (beginning Aug 27, 2013):
Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Also available by appointment
RSO Newsletter Submissions
RSO Newsletter is the new bi-monthly e-newsletter for all UNL students, replacing the older email version. RSOs, departments, Greek chapters, and clubs can give a "shout out" about events and activities or kudos for award/scholarship winners.
To submit a news item that's appropriate for delivery to the student audience: 1) use the link to log in to the UNL announcement newsroom at http://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/ (When logging in, use your blackboard username and password), 2) follow the instructions to enter in the news item’s information, 3) choose RSO Newsletter in the drop down box “Please consider for...” and 4) click the submit button.
You can also add your story to additional newsletters like Next@Nebraska by clicking the “Add another newsroom for submission” sign. The RSO Newsletter will be sent out on the 1st and 15th of each month. Please submit your news item at least 8-10 days beforehand.
If you would like to view past/archived newsletters,
please click "here"
Vendor Solicitation Policy
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not endorse or assist vendors in selling their products or services to Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) through the NvolveU site. For the purposes of this policy, a "vendor" is a person, group of people, or organization (whether profit or nonprofit, off-campus or on campus) selling or promoting a product or service. The "vendors" who are selling or promoting their products or services shall not contact RSOs (officers, advisors, members, or alumni) through NvolveU. All information distributed to RSOs must be coordinated through the Student Involvement office. If an on-campus organization wishes to promote an event, please consider using these alternatives: (1) RSO Notices Newsletter, which is mailed to RSO leaders and advisors twice a month. Requests should be e-mailed to email@example.com; or (2) Next@Nebraska Newsletter which is emailed to all students every Sunday, and may be submitted on-line at http://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/. The deadline for submission is the Sunday before. If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact Student Involvement 402-472-6797 (City Campus) or 402-472-1780 (East Campus).
200 Nebraska Union