NvolveU 2.0 Student Organization Website
Student Organizations are a vital part of the out-of-class experience at UNL. Student Involvement supports the work of over 500 student organizations that cover a wide range of topics.
NvolveU 2.0 is a web-based Student Organization database and tool. Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) can advertise events, communicate with members through roster management, complete direct reservations and much more.
To log into NvolveU 2.0 click here. Students, log in using your MyRed username and password. Faculty and Staff, log in using your NU ID number and Firefly password. If you are interested in simply viewing the available UNL student organizations, select the Student Groups Tab in the upper left corner on the NvolveU 2.0 site.
Don't see an RSO that represents your interest? You can start a new RSO! Click here to find out more.
Student Organizations is excited to host RSO Week, happening November 30-December 4th, 2015.
PROGRAMS: During these open sessions (held each day during the 12-1pm hour), RSO execs can come and learn more about the following topics. No need to RSVP – just show up!
- Monday, November 30, 2015 - Recruitment (Colonial B)
- Tuesday, December 01, 2015 – Retaining and Recognizing Your Members (Regency B-C)
- Wednesday, December 02, 2015 – Social Justice and Your RSO (Georgian A)
- Thursday, December 03, 2015 – Funding (Regency B-C)
- Friday, December 04, 2015 – Using NvolveU (Colonial B)
CONSULTATION SESSIONS: Has your RSO has been having issues of conflict? Do you have questions in regards to policy? Just wish you had a face to the name on all of the emails you have gotten from our office? Student Involvement’s RSO Team will be hosting drop-in hours from 1-4 PM during RSO Week at both the Nebraska Union and Nebraska East Union locations to help better your RSO in any way possible.
RSO Project Submission Form
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is expanding and so is Student Involvement! Our Information Strategies Design Lab is now open to all RSO’s. Information Strategies has an experienced design and marketing staff to help your RSO get recognized campus wide. Information Strategies staff can help with all your marketing and publicity/design needs. Design set-up fee is $20.00 plus tax (this includes ANY services as long as it is the same design). Information Strategies is not responsible for printing the project, RSO’s can use any printing services they want. If you have any questions please contact Mike Jackson at (402) 472-8155. Click here to fill out the submission form.
RSO Feature Form
Student Involvement is currently featuring an RSO each week throughout our social media channels to let UNL students know what's out there as well as help you promote your organizations. We are looking for is a student's perspective
on being involved and what particular organizations they are involved in mean to them. Our hope is to feature at least one RSO each week so if you are interested in your organization being featured, please simply fill out the form
Also keep in mind if you are having events or recruiting new members, you can let us know at any time by visiting the link below and will help you promote your RSO and activities through our social media channels here.
If you have any questions, contact Mike Jackson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re doing the hard work for you by distributing posters for your events. To use this service student organizations will need to bring their posters to the Student Involvement Office, 200 Student Union by Friday in order to
be distributed the following week. Now only 28 posters will be needed for the posters to be hung in all academic colleges and department buildings.
Poster approval is dependent upon the following criteria:
1) Event Title
2) Event Time/Date
3) Event Location
4) Sponsor(s) Logo
5) Contact information (email, FB, etc.)
The Student Involvement Office will no longer be in charge of
the Residence Life Poster Boards. The posters will be hung and rotated on a weekly basis at all participating academic colleges and department buildings, NOT in the Residence Halls. If you would like for posters to be hung in the
Residence Halls you can visit the Residence Life Department office at: 1115 N. 16
th Street or contact them at 402-472-3885.
If you have any questions please contact the Consultation Desk at (402) 472-6797.
Student Involvement is proud to offer a Consultation Desk for its RSOs. Students planning events, needing to complete an annual review form, or looking to do direct resevations will start all of these processes at the desk. The desk is staffed Monday through Friday by student staff members who can help you navigate any request you might have. At the desk, we also offer our Brief Orientations for newly elected RSO Officers or Executive Boards. Brief Orientations offer insight into important policies and resources effecting RSOs. And don't forget about our Creation Station; a resource room filled with button makers, craft paper, industrial size markers and even a helium tank. We'll charge your Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) account for any supplies used so you don't need to worry about coming with cash. Contact Information
Desk Contact Information
200 Nebraska Union
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Also available by appointment
RSO Newsletter Submissions
RSO Newsletter is the new bi-monthly e-newsletter for all UNL students, replacing the older email version. RSOs, departments, Greek chapters, and clubs can give a "shout out" about events and activities or kudos for award/scholarship winners.
To submit a news item that's appropriate for delivery to the student audience: 1) use the link to log in to the UNL announcement newsroom at http://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/ (When logging in, use your blackboard username and password), 2) follow the instructions to enter in the news item’s information, 3) choose RSO Newsletter in the drop down box “Please consider for...” and 4) click the submit button.
You can also add your story to additional newsletters like Next@Nebraska by clicking the “Add another newsroom for submission” sign. The RSO Newsletter will be sent out on the 1st and 15th of each month. Please submit your news item at least 8-10 days beforehand.
If you would like to view past/archived newsletters, please click "here"
Vendor Solicitation Policy
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not endorse or assist vendors in selling their products or services to Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) through the NvolveU site. For the purposes of this policy, a "vendor" is a person, group of people, or organization (whether profit or nonprofit, off-campus or on campus) selling or promoting a product or service. The "vendors" who are selling or promoting their products or services shall not contact RSOs (officers, advisors, members, or alumni) through NvolveU. All information distributed to RSOs must be coordinated through the Student Involvement office. If an on-campus organization wishes to promote an event, please consider using these alternatives: (1) RSO Notices Newsletter, which is mailed to RSO leaders and advisors twice a month. Requests should be e-mailed to email@example.com; or (2) Next@Nebraska Newsletter which is emailed to all students every Sunday, and may be submitted on-line at http://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/. The deadline for submission is the Sunday before. If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact Student Involvement 402-472-6797 (City Campus) or 402-472-1780 (East Campus).
RSO Annual Orientation
To be in TOTAL COMPLIANCE ALL RSOs MUST do the following:
- Complete the Annual Review Form
- The President, Treasurer and Primary Programmer MUST attend an Annual Orientation Session
- Must send Account Balance Confirmation to SOFS (Reply to a SOFS email about your RSO’s finances)
- Complete a Federal Tax Identification Number (FTIN) (RSOs with annual receipts over $5,000 must obtain a FTIN)
Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) are required to attend an Annual Orientation Training. RSOs will participate in 1 of 3 Registration Periods:
- Fall (mid-August to mid-September)
- Winter (December-January), or
- Spring (April-mid-May)
During a registration period, each RSO will send the newly elected President, Treasurer, and Primary Programmer to an Annual Orientation Training. These sessions will be offered a number of times within the Registration Period in order to meet the diverse needs of your student leaders. Note, you do not have to attend an Annual Orientation with the other required leaders in your RSO. You may choose the date/time that works best for you. All three members MUST attend one of the sessions for your RSO to maintain Total Compliance status.
The Annual Orientation Training will cover:
- SOFS Training
- Student Involvement Services
- Event Planning Guidelines and Policies (which includes but is not limited to securing trip insurance, registering events, contracts with vendors, reserving space on campus, etc.)
- NvolveU Training
- Opportunity to collaborate with and meet other RSO leaders
- Your RSO will still complete an Annual Review Form with the signatures of your President, Treasurer, and Advisor.
- Once you’ve completed steps 1-4 your RSO is in compliance for 1 year until your next Annual Registration Period. ALL Annual Orientations will be held in the Nebraska Union or the JCMC. Please check posted calendars for room assignment
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 @ 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Thursday, June 8, 2017 @ 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
- Friday, June 23, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Monday, July 10, 2017 @ 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
- Thursday, July 27, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Thursday, August 24, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017 @ 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Monday, September 11, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 @ 3:00 PM–4:30 PM
- Thursday, September 21, 2017 @ 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
- Friday, September 29, 2017 @ 5:00 PM–6:30 PM
200 Nebraska Union