Student Organizations: Pepsi Student Experience Fund
Pepsi Co. donates a limited amount of free Pepsi products to the University for distribution by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Each year, a certain amount is allocated for use by Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs). RSOs may apply for product for an event they are sponsoring by filling out an application form, available online. Students must print out the Application for Pepsi products, fill it out and return it to Student Involvement, 200 NU or 300 NEC. Please ensure that you are turning in your application for Pepsi on the proper due date.
In order for your RSO’s event to be considered for free Pepsi products, it must meet the following criteria:
- Events must be held on campus.
- Events must be campus-wide and open to all students. (No general meetings will be eligible for free Pepsi products.)
- The event must be free and for UNL students only. Faculty and staff events are not eligible.
- Allocated beverages may NOT be sold or used to generate profit in any way (*except Philanthropies).
- The RSO must fill out an Event Planning & Registration (EPR) form for the event
All applications are subject to review by a committee in the Student Involvement office. Only completed applications turned in by the appropriate deadline will be considered. Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) are encouraged to plan ahead and apply early, especially for larger events. Waiting until the end of the semester may result in limited available funding. Submitting a request does not guarantee that the RSO will receive free Pepsi products. In order to be eligible for free Pepsi products, the group applying must be a RSO in total compliance with ASUN and Student Involvement guidelines and bylaws. If you are not sure if your RSO is in total compliance, call the Student Involvement Graduate Assistant at 402-472-8157 to inquire.
A guideline to determine the amount of product is four
(4) cases per 100 students. If a requester has requested
too much product for the event type, Student Involvement
does have the right to alter the amount of product on the
request. Any outdoor event with more than 500 students
attending will receive a hatchback trailer rather than cans
or bottles. If an RSO does not receive free Pepsi products,
the group may purchase Pepsi products at a reduced price by
visiting the Student Involvement office. Pepsi purchase
requests must be received one week before the
*Philanthropies- Student Involvement has allotted $1,000 of free Pepsi products for philanthropies put on by student organizations to raise money for nonprofit organizations.
- Application for Pepsi products can only be received once per academic year per organization
- $500 will be allotted for the Fall Semester and $500 will be allotted for the Spring Semester. Money not used in the Fall Semester will roll over to the Spring Semester, but the Spring Semester will not roll over into the Fall as the University of Nebraska – Lincoln’s fiscal year ends June 30th.
- Pepsi products CANNOT be sold or given away as free will donation to generate extra profit for philanthropies in any way. (i.e., Pepsi products cannot be sold for an additional cost on top of entry ticket cost or donation)
- Pepsi products CANNOT be used as raffle products at an event to generate profit.
Due dates for the application are ONE WEEK BEFORE your event!
200 Nebraska Union