Student Organizations: Start an Organization
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Why not start your own organization?
To start an organization you must:
- Have five (5) current students interested in becoming members.
- Find a UNL faculty or staff advisor.
- Submit a Letter of Intent to ASUN (UNL’s Student Government).
- Develop a constitution.
Things to think about before you begin:
- How are you going to define your organization?
- What will be the goals for your organization?
- How do you plan to accomplish the goals?
- What is unique about your organization?
- Will the organization be affiliated with a department or office on campus?
- Do you know of a faculty or managerial/professional staff member at UNL who would be interested in serving as an advisor for your organization?
- Are there other student you know who would like to join?
- What benefits will the organization offer its members?
- What type of involvement commitment will members need to make?
Visit the Association of Students of the University of Nebraska (ASUN) office in 136 Nebraska Union to get more information about starting a student organization.
200 Nebraska Union