The University Program Council (UPC) is a student organization that provides diverse, educational and entertaining programs to enhance the UNL community.
UPC began as the Union Program Council shortly after the Nebraska Union opened in 1938. At that time, the programming focused on the Union and consisted primarily of speakers and films. In January 1978, The Board of Regents passed a new student fee policy that stipulated only the student government, student newspaper and a major programming organization would receive student fee support. A student task force analyzed the results of the new Regents’ policy and created the structure for the newly named University Program Council. Throughout its history, the University Program Council has long recognized the need for diverse programming and is constantly evaluating trends in campus activities, in order to better serve all of the students at the University of Nebraska –Lincoln.
UPC is run completely by students on a volunteer basis with oversight from the Advising Team, made up of the President and two Student Involvement staff members.
- Advising Team: Program Coordinator, Graduate Assistant, and President
- Officers: President, External Vice President, Internal Vice Presid ent/FAC Chair, Financial Manager, Secretary, Membership Coordinator
- Committee Chairs: Public Relations, Entertainment, Diversity/Education
- General Council Members
UPC MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Must be an enrolled UNL student in good disciplinary standing with a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours or 9 graduate credit hours and a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Commit a minimum of four (4) hours per week attending UPC meetings, office hours, events, retreats, and activities.
- Attend General Council meetings every Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Student Involvement Green Room. Keep updated on all forms of communication (email, text, phone, Facebook) with UPC advisors, officers, chairs, and members.
UPC IMPORTANT DATES
UPC General Council Membership Applications
UPC Membership Applications are DUE by 5:00 PM on Friday, September 12, 2014 in Student Involvement, 200 Nebraska Union or online.
UPC General Council Membership Interviews
You must attend one of the three two-hour interview times to be held on Sunday, September 21, 2014 in Student Involvement (SI) Green Room located in 200 Nebraska Union.
UPC General Council New Member Orientation
Tuesday, September 23, 2013 (6-7 PM) SI GREEN ROOM
UPC General Council Lock-In Retreat
Friday, October 3, 2014 (5 PM) to Saturday, October 4, 2014 (2 PM) EAST CAMPUS UNION
UPC Event Selection for Spring 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014 (12:30-5 PM) SI GREEN ROOM