Pat Tetreault, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, Student Involvement
Director, LGBTQA Resource Center
346 Nebraska Union
LGBTQA Resource Center
346 Nebraska Union
Monday - Friday 11am - 3pm
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning and Ally Programs, Services & Resource Center advances the mission of UNL by working collaboratively to provide education, resources, outreach and advocacy to help build and sustain a socially just campus community that is welcoming and inclusive of all people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression.
We envision a campus community that supports a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for students, staff, faculty, and alumnae of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expression.
LGBTQA Programs, Services & Resource Center is part of Student Involvement’s outreach and commitment to diversity and inclusion for all students. The Assistant Director in Student Involvement for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning and Ally (LGBTQA) Programs, Services & Resource Center serves as Director of the LGBTQA Resource Center, 346 Nebraska Union.
About the Center
LGBTQA Programs, Services & Resource Center is located in 345 Nebraska Union (3rd floor). The LGBTQA Center helps build and sustain a socially just campus community that is welcoming and inclusive of all people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression.
- A safe and welcoming space to find out about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression;
- A safe place to hang out and meet friends;
- Safe Space and Ally Development presentations, workshops and materials,
- Opportunities for collaborative programming, outreach and advocacy;
- A library & other resources;
- Involvement opportunities as a member of OutSpeaking (Speakers Bureau) or as a member of the Queerteers (the center’s volunteer group)!
The Assistant Director in Student Involvement for LGBTQA Programs & Services serves as the Director of the Center. The Director:
- Provides consultation and assistance on LGBTQA and social justice issues;
- Meets with individuals to assess needs and circumstances and provide assistance and referrals;
- Works collaboratively to develop resources based on needs assessments and requests;
- Can help students navigate the campus culture and respond to bias incidents;
- Assists with presentations, outreach and programming to raise awareness about LGBTQA and social justice issues; and
- Works to cultivate a safe, respectful, welcoming, and inclusive campus community for all people of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expression.
UNL Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln not to discriminate based upon age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran's status, marital status, religion or political affiliation.