Pat Tetreault, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, Student Involvement
Director, LGBTQA Resource Center
346 Nebraska Union
About the Center
Welcome to the LGBTQA+ Resource Center website! You can find information about the center, ways to get involved, how to be aware of and navigate your campus climate, and more. While we try to keep our information current and provide a good foundation regarding information, programs, and services, we are not able to create and maintain a comprehensive overview of all the relevant information, programming, services and resources that may be available. Information on all these topics change so if you have any questions, comments, compliments or concerns, please feel free to drop by the center, or contact us via email or phone. Enjoy your visit!
About the Center:
The LGBTQA+ Resource Center is located in 346 Nebraska Union. The Resource Center is a welcoming environment that provides an inclusive space for people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression. We strive to create a center and campus climate that is welcoming and inclusive for people of all orientations and identities. We hope to move beyond safe and inclusive spaces to brave spaces! Where people are comfortable enough to have respectful conversations about challenging topics!
An inclusive place to hang out and do schoolwork
- Creating Inclusive Spaces and various Ally Development presentations, workshops, and materials
- Presentations and workshops related to social justice education, sexual orientation, gender identity and intersections of identities. A popular activity we facilitate is identity and privilege. All are available by request as well as offered periodically during the academic year.
- Involvement opportunities—including being a member of OutSpeaking (our LGBTQA+ Speaker’s Bureau), and volunteering at the center or at events
- Library materials and resources to checkout
- Consultation and assistance on LGBTQA+ issues
- Assessment of campus climate
- Assistance with bias incidents
- Help in creating and maintaining a campus that is welcoming and inclusive for the diversity of students at UNL
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Asexual/Aromantic and Ally/Advocate (LGBTQA+) Resource Center advances the mission of UNL by working collaboratively to provide education, resources, outreach and advocacy to help build and sustain a socially just campus community that is welcoming and inclusive of all people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression.
We envision a campus community that supports a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for students, staff, faculty, and alumnae of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expression.
LGBTQA+ Resource Center is part of Student Involvement’s outreach and commitment to diversity and inclusion for all students. The Assistant Director in Student Involvement for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Asexual/Aromantic and Ally/Advocate (LGBTQA+) Resource Center serves as the Director of the LGBTQA+ Resource Center, 346 Nebraska Union. In addition to the Director, the center is staffed by a graduate assistant and undergraduate student staff and volunteers.
UNL Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln not to discriminate based upon age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender-identity, sex, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran's status, marital status, religion or political affiliation.